We start the way home
Since we can stay in the apartment until 12:00 o’clock, we approach it in a comfortable way. After breakfast we convert our last cash into maple syrup and maple vinegar. Shortly before twelve we check out and walk down Davie Street to the Yaletown-Roundhouse to take the train to the airport.
At the check-in at about half past one we already see that our plane will not start as planned at 4:00 p.m., but expected at 4:45 p.m. We leave shortly before 5:00 p.m. and the plane takes off to Frankfurt. After about 10 hours we are home again.
We had an absolutely great and unforgettable vacation in which we experienced a lot:
- we have been flown more than 8.000 air miles
- have driven in 19 days a total of 3043 kilometers with the motor home
- had 2 ferry passages
- have seen many animals such as
a black bear, snow goats, bighorn sheep, some birds including a diadem jay, traveling thrush, crown warbler, badge rammer, Canada goose, pine jay, Canada heron, and countless small animals such as all kinds of squirrels, chipmunks, ground squirrels and some picas
- I have taken about 1900 photos
- in 2 days, Vancouver we have covered countless kilometers on foot, by bus and train
One thing’s for certainty, Canada, we’ll be back! Next time for the Indian Summer.